Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Goals in life?

"What are your goals in life?" asked one of the junta interviewing me a year ago. I thought, there you go. There are always standard set of questions that you prepare for and this one is very commom. I think I will lose respect for anyone who asks this question in an interview where they are suppose to grill on operations and manufacturing and statistics. But I put on a simle on my face and answered my "muggofied" goals. I don't even remember what I said then.

Heres is what I really wanted to tell her but didn't:
I don't play a lot of soccer. The only time I played soccer was some ten years ago. And being a bit intellectually challenged I obviously don't have a good recollection of the game. I did not hit any goals during that match as I ended up being a goalkeeper. I have hit only 4 goals in my entire life, of which I don't remember any details. So why don't you be a little bit more imaginative and ask me about the games I play.

Anyways, here they come, the five goals of my life-
1. To have a goal.
2. To have the dribbling skills to hit that goal.
3. To enjoy hitting that goal.
4. That goal should be as good or better than the 'Hand of God' goal.
5. That goal should make me part of the 'Hall of Fame' of goal hitters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home