Sunday, October 16, 2005

Maroon Out


One more visit to College Station. This time for the Football Game. Texas A&M was playing Okhaloma State. To top it all it was a "Maroon Out" game. Maroon what? Texas A&M is the nationally acknowledged college when it comes to traditions. Maroon out is one such tradition at A&M where the fans, all of them come to the game in their maroon colored outfits. Maroon is our official color. Legend has it that A&M does not loose the Maroon Out games. And history is witness to A&M nailing the number one teams in a Maroon out game. And yesterday was no exception. A&M won 62-27.

Texas A&M is home to some of the best and richest traditions in the country. Aggies all around the US are know for the Aggie Network. Here is a great article on the best college traditions in the US.


Above: "Maroon Out" and "The 12th Man" traditions
Below: A&M pounding Okhaloma State


I finally got a chance to be at a A&M game. I wanted to go to a game on so many occassions when I was in school. But it had to happen this way with me driving hundred miles with thousands of Aggies to see their team play. I would say that when I was in College Station, I wasn't actually there. My world revolved among three '-ments': Apartment, Department and Assignment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home