Saturday, October 22, 2005

Don't Chase

Don't chase anything. If you try chasing something, harder it becomes to get it. My friend once told me this: Everything is like a butterfly, the more you try to catch it, the more it eludes you. Instead if you stay put and remain calm it will, by itself, come and rest on your shoulders.

Such a great thought. And he told me this when he and I were sixteen and something and I was too much worried about the SCC results.

I have tried to implement it ever since. But there is also a "constant worry-ier" in me. This constant worry-ier does not allow me to rest peacefully, but makes me think of how, who, when for everything. Sometimes its good, but many a times its just not necessary. I am yet to learn to seperate the necessary occassions from the unnecessary ones.
I still remember I wanted to do engineering (traditional push!) after school, but just to be on the safer side I also applied for a 'easier to get' professional course. I haven't seen my folks dissapointed with me as much as they were that day. Here I was, preped to go to the best college in my state (debateable) and that day momentorily I deviated from the path. I don't know if that was out of insecurity of not being there or lack of confidence or that constant worry-ier in me. I bet it was the worry-ier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home