Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Book that changed my world


It was the end of Spring 2004. I had nothing to do, on that day or for the next three months into the summer. So I decided to read some unfinished 'want to read' books. I am usually not a big fan of reading. I do the 'necessary' reading and I am not so good with the 'optional' reading. But that day I picked up a book called "The Machine that Changed the World". It is not a technical book, but its not a novel either. It is something semi technical put forth in a narrative form. Anyways, I started reading this book and found it interesting.

Couple of days later I went to this interview for a summer internship. My interviewer actually did not turn up for the interview. As bad as it could get, I thought. So the poor HR guy took a guess that I was interested in manufacturing and called someone to see if he could do the interview. And that is how I met my guiding sunshine, who would pull me through the rut that I was in. Interestingly he was reading the same book and the conversation hung on the subject for a long time. And after a hour and a half I was sure I had made it.

Nothing is totally waste. Even the smallest thing learned will be useful and sometimes change the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home