Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Online Help no more

I have a big list of online friends. But Niket is not exactly only "online". He is the one who I have been with for the best part of four years. His D-day had come today. He was going back to India and was hopeful of never returning to that wretched place called the middle east. That also signaled a temperory haitus on my online help in programming.
As I go down the memory lane I remember the miniature conveyor design we made for our Applied Mechanics project. It wasn't perfect but never the less good enough to earn us extra credits. I also remember the standing in the college corrider between classes. Also the four hour of painful workshops. In fact it was a bigger PITA for him because he had to endure another two hours of the Virar fast local after that.

I never thought I would meet up with oldtimers when I was moved to Pune. But here again he and others proved me wrong. Right before the flight that put ten thousand miles and eight hunderd days between me and everyone, he and other friends turned up at the airport. That moment to me is worth a thousand lives. I am very optimistic about meeting up everyone again and by God I will. I am just waiting for that day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tangible freinds are still the best friends. Aside from the moments they share with you, it is easy to identify their sacrifices and their willingness to be by your side.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home