Thursday, November 03, 2005

Voice mail is helpful

About a year ago I got this phone call that I was eagerly awaiting, expecting for a long time. The call telling me 'You are hired' (Trump style).
However I did not take the call at the first go, but let it go on voice mail. My palms were sweating when I IDed the number and I just did not have the guts to talk (or listen) in real time. Finally when I listerned to the voice mail I was on the top of the world. I felt like I had found my oasis in the desert. All the fear I had, all the frustration in me, all of my worries summed up in that one golden drop of water that flowed down my lychrymal glands. Suddenly all my questions seemed to be answered. That I had a mid term exam in a couple of day, that I had tons of homework, that I had a class which assured doing bad on in-class tests did not matter anymore. That walking for more than two miles a day, that budget restricted outside eating, that one haircut a semester, that no plan to visit home, those night outs in the library, all started to seem worth it.

I haven't felt this strongly for anything at any point uptil now. Start to what has been an amazing year of learning and living on the edge.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can imagine the feeling...

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home