Saturday, January 07, 2006

New Years

I have been on the move for the past two weekends. Dallas it was this time. One of my friends was heading back to 'desh'. For good. And the good thing about his move was that he made the decision while he had everything here. Which goes on to say that he really wanted to go.

I always felt that I would go home one day. I felt it when I stood before the visa officer and still feel the same. Some say that you got to go where you have oppurtunities. True. To the last word. But I guess oppurtunities or not the very feeling of being at home is sufficient for me. I came to the US when the software bubble had busted and the job market was really really slow. I cared to study Industrial Engineering when getting a job was as good as meeting God for an IE. So why should I be afraid if there are limited oppurtunities at home. I will find the best in them and move forward.

Rough draft plan says I will start packing in about 5 years. Could be earlier.
Recently saw "Munich" the movie by Spielberg. When Avner speaks to a PLO activist about their fight against Israel, he says that it is all for having a home which they can call their own. I already have a home. All I need is to be there and enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home