Saturday, June 16, 2007

Around the states

May 2007 started what would seem like a endless endavour on the road. More than 5000 miles on the road in 30 days, drive through 15 different states, new places to see, some places revisited, some interesting, some plainly overrated.
The tour started from Chicago. And this is my third time in as many years in Chicago. The city gets interesting everytime. There is always something new, something exciting to do in Chicago. Unlike Houston! Lake front was a different experience than last time.
Niagara Falls was cold and frozen. Still the lights and sights were spectacular. New York is Mumbai minus the sweat. I was a bit worried about adjusting to the trains and schedules but intuitions and habits learned in the past in Mumbai got back to me just in the nick of time. D.C as ever was spectacular. Impressive government buildings. Unfortunately we could not get into the tour of the Capitol. Florida was hot, humid and fun. Five parks in six days!

All the driving does make me not wanting to see the road for a while. But have I any choice where I can say: Rickshaw and be done with it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home